Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Funny Things They Say

Don't kids say the funniest things sometimes? 
Maybe these will only be funny to Tyson and me, and our families, but I just wanted to share anyway. 

Yesterday morning, Mayme woke up and came to sit with me on the couch. She was saying all kinds of things, and then she paused and just started saying, "Umm," for a while. I looked at her and asked her what it was she wanted to say. She said in the most thoughtful way, "Umm...I think...I build...snowman...with Daddy!" She must only remember a snowman from this one Winnie the Pooh book we read over and over. It was the funniest comment for an almost-two-year-old to share in the middle of June!
-----
A couple weeks ago, I bought Jude this new outfit from Wal-Mart, for $5.00. It is a light blue sleeveless shirt with two lions on the front, and blue and brown plaid shorts that match it. (We are always looking for cute clothes or other things for Jude that are lion related because of his name of course, "Judah" and it reminds us that Jesus was the Lion of the tribe of Judah.)  He was so excited about it and wanted to wear it right away, unfortunately, just after I bought it, the weather got too cold to wear a sleeveless shirt and shorts. He asked every day though, if he could wear it, if "today was the right day". Then, one day, the kids and I were driving around and I had the radio on a station where David Jeremiah was just finishing a sermon on a chapter from the book of Revelation. He mentioned the name "Babylon", and Lucy perked up and said, "That's where Daniel was!" I said, "Yes, good job," and continued to simply explain how Babylon fit into the end times, and how Jesus was going to come back to take all the Christians to Heaven with Him. Jude suddenly spoke up and said, "Mom, then can I wear my new shirt?!" It was so funny! By the way, the "right" kind of day for Jude to wear his new outfit finally came. He was so excited! He said, "You mean I get to wear that today? Did God say it was the right day?"

Ok, one more story. The other night, we tucked the kids in for bed and on the way down the stairs, we said, "Sleepy Deepy." Something we often say to them at bedtime. Mayme yelled back from her bed, "Sleep-py Deep-py Dad-dy! ....and Hap-py Birth-day Mom-my!!" It was so funny! We all just laughed and laughed. 

Well, that's enough for now. Hope that brings a smile to your day. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute! I was just thinking about how I need to write down some things my kids have been saying lately...

Love your Multitude Monday list! I just didn't get to mine! :)

Blessings, Heather! :)