Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Forth!

This picture has little to do with the subject of this post. It's just cute!

March, for me, is one of the longest months. We usually get sick and are couped up inside for weeks as we take turns being sick. Yet, the temperatures slowly warm, the snow slowly melts.  I welcome the end of the month with much joy because it means spring and the celebration of two very special people's birthdays! Still, it can be a tough month to endure. I try to mentally prepare for it each year, especially these more recent years when I have to share cabin fever right along with many little ones. So, a couple days ago, the Lord gave me the idea to focus on growing my faith day by day through this month by studying and meditating on what He says about faith. I'm really excited. I quickly began looking for verses related to "faith".

I don't know how frequently I'll share these verses, maybe one every other day or so. I also don't promise that they will all solely speak about faith...I'm sure that once I get going, it will be hard to limit it to just faith (I'll want to include hope and joy and other things). We'll see. I'm going to try to keep it brief though, focusing on the scripture alone, not a lot of explanation if any at all.  :)  Simply and encouragement to keep the Faith to the end! Also, if you have a verse that you find encouraging in regards to this subject or want me to share, let me know!

Oh, one more thing. Have you ever realized that there is one day of the year that is a command? March Fourth! :) Kind of neat huh? I read an article about that in a family magazine a few years ago. This one family celebrates that day together every year to rejoice at what milestones they reached that year and to set goals for the next year and focus on Marching forth! :) AND since this year, March 4th is on a Friday, Tyson decided that is something that our church should celebrate. So, Friday night at 7:00pm come and join us for a night of worship! This isn't a sit back and enjoy the show concert, it is a get involved, Worship the Lord, strengthen yourself in the Lord, prepare yourself in the Lord, March Forth kind of night! :) Sounds great, huh!

So, for Day 1 of March, here is my first verse:

1 John 5:4 
For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

No comments: