Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy New Year!

Ok, well, I'm a bit late, but "Happy New Year!" I feel like we are finally getting our pieces put back together after a long and busy and memorable and blessed December. Most memorable thing about December: the LIST of answered prayers that I was able to record by God's grace. No need to explain, He knows what I mean. God is good! "Amen!"

So I think it was the day that we made coffee cakes, I got this idea in my head that we should have a tradition like that for New Year's...how about Monkey Bread?!! Great idea. What a silly, fun, celebratory way to start the New Year! So we did! We had our bread and ate it too! Lucy helped me. It was a fun morning.


New Year's Eve, Tyson and I actually managed to stay up until Midnight! "Shock" Only because we were working on a project together. For over a year now, we have been talking about "instituting" some Suemnicht Family Values. The idea was inspired by some teaching we had heard from Walk in the Word Ministries. We just couldn't decide where in the house to hang up our list...I know that sounds silly. Well, inspiration finally hit and Tyson came up with this idea. So here you go:




The metal candle tree was something that we've had by our table for a long time. This worked beautifully. The kids were eager to learn and memorize the family values right away! Implementing them and growing in them will be something we'll grow in all our days --I pray. 

I have many other goals and plans and dreams for this year...more to come at a later time. What about you?

Happy NEW Year!
God can make all things NEW!


1 comment:

Catie said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I won't tell you how I posted our family values.. *cough*on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper on corkboard*cough* What font did you use?? You should post a tutorial! ;)