Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Joy of Folding Laundry

We all have our own feelings about things like dishes, vacuuming, dusting, and laundry (folding/putting away). I'm not going to get into all of that right now. I wanted to share one reason why I like to fold laundry with the hope that it would be an encouragement to you and perhaps spur you on to love and good deeds. :)

Years ago I came across this bookmark published by Navigators that shared 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids.  I also happened to find a blog post on praying for your children that had this prayer calendar from Inspired to Action. The calendar was adapted with permission from Bob Hostetler, the man who wrote the bookmark. So, after a while of realizing that I needed to figure out a way that I could actually USE this calendar instead of just keeping it nicely folded in my Bible, I decided to type it up large enough so that I could read it while it was hanging on the wall. I made it pretty to look at and taped it on the basement walls and washer which aren't always pretty to look at. Then as I pull clothes out of the dryer to fold I pick a prayer and begin praying it for each person (whoever "owns" the item I am folding...even myself). :) Anyway, I don't always have time to enjoy folding laundry, but making laundry folding time a time of more concentrated and intentional prayer has been no less than a delight. So click through on the links above and get your own calendars and start praying! Here are some photos to inspire you. :)

 
 

And this is who I'm praying for: 
 
 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so stinkin' photogenic...not fair! ;) I love your hair, smile, and glasses! :)

I absolutely LOVE this idea and DO use it on occasion. I think I read about the idea in a Lisa Whelchel book. I don't have a neat print out but I just try to pray Scripture over whomever's piece of laundry I'm folding!

Great idea!!!

Unknown said...

Splendid idea :) You're so clever.

Theresa said...

A godly mentor and older woman in my life has been teaching me about praying Scripture so it is timely that I've come across this post from you, however it seems to be an old one and there are no new posts from you since. I pray that all is well with you and your family. Thank you for sharing here so that I could be blessed.